On March 20, 2018 the representative for the civic association Joint Vision p. Ivan Pekár, attended a working meeting of the European Agency for Safety and Health at Work in Brussels, where a new Campaign for 2018-2019 was presented: “Healthy Workplaces Control Dangerous Substances”.
- raise awareness of the importance of preventing the risks of hazardous substances in order to help resolve common misunderstandings;
- support risk assessment by providing information on practical tools and creating opportunities to share best practices, focusing in particular on:
- elimination or replacement of hazardous substances in the workplace,
- a hierarchy of preventive measures (ie following the hierarchy set out in the legislation so that the most effective types of measures are always selected);
- raise awareness of the risks related to carcinogenic exposure at the workplace by promoting the exchange of best practices. EU-OSHA is a signatory to the Convention following the Roadmap for Carcinogens in the EU;
- focus on groups of special needs workers who are at higher risk by providing targeted information as well as examples of good practice; The risks may be higher because these workers are inexperienced, uninformed or physically weak, or that they often change jobs or work in sectors with insufficient awareness of the issue, or because of higher or different physiological sensitivity (eg in the case of young apprentices or differences between men and women).
- raise awareness of the legislative framework already in place to protect workers, as well as highlight policy developments in the field.
TheThe Common Vision Association disseminates the idea of the EU-OSHA campaign continues in 2019 and on April 4, 2019 we are preparing a seminar called Campaign, where the representative of the National Labor Inspectorate will present the campaign and present the regional public health authorities as partners and spreaders of campaign –“Healthy workplaces control hazardous chemicals”.